Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Smile Like You Mean It" - The Killers




Observation #8: When jumping up and down at a rock concert, make sure all pockets are zipped, bags are securely closed and shoelaces are tied.

...
'cuz if you don't, you might lose your cell phone, like me.

Thank God for kind strangers who will return your phone to a lost & found so that you don't have to spend more money buying a phone to fulfill the stupid phone contract you're locked down to (cell phone companies are evil). So long story short, I have my phone back! Thank you random stranger!

The Killers were great! They are awesome performers and their music is very easy to rock to, even if you're not a rocker. I most certainly am not one, but had tons of fun anyways. I knew about 2/3 of the songs they played - maybe even less than that - but the ones I did know were fun to pretend to sing along to. Haha... I'm lame, I know.

My favorite part was:

When a ton of confetti blasted at the climax of their second-to-last song. That's the confetti on the ground.

Kevin and I were with great company too so we had fun. The only not fun part was having to stand for the full 3 hours, 'cuz we got floor tickets. Super duper close to the stage but no chairs to sit on.




Thank you to K for making all the cool concerts happen. :)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry we couldn't make it... but it looks like it was uber awesome!! We've got many more years of concerts to go to, right? Miss you both!! Can't wait till tomorrow's game night. Are you going to blog about it? I'm probably going to blog our meal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. I'm enjoying it and thoroughly agree with what you're saying. Next time I go to a rock concert, I will definitely make sure all things are zipped up, thanks for the advice. I can't wait until the next posting...

    ReplyDelete