Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the "first" entry

Ahhh. Yet another "first" new entry.

I am making my way through the new and popular web mediums, from the days of asianavenue to xanga to facebook notes to finally here, blogspotting. I actually updated my xanga yesterday for the first time in a long while, and realized that no one, or at least no one that I'd actually care about, would be reading the entry. And while I don't expect a ton of people to read this one either, it still felt a little discouraging that no matter what genius insight or clever wit I delivered on my xanga blog (which again, I don't promise here. just hypothetically speaking, I mean), no one would be reading it.

So, here I am.

Coming up with a name for my blog was easy and not easy. It was easy to fall back to the "yooni..." theme (coming from the nickname I got in university; jenn yoon = yoonifer) but it was hard to settle on it because I know it can sound teenager-ish and reminiscent of those web nicknames we gave ourselves in high school (I'll admit my previous ones were: sugababy, jennj3nn, angel52, etc...) and hey, high school is really long gone. I'm a married woman now, in my late twenties.

BUT, the idea of this blog being about a space to share my own observations and rants about the world around me, "expanding" on the great narrative of people's stories already out there, and at the same time acknowledging that mine is but a small sphere of experiences within a bigger universe (life is always about perspective, I try to remind myself), I wanted to title it the way I did. The "your" is actually more directed at me. A reminder to myself to expand my own universe. And while I could have spelled universe the correct way, I think a part of me wants to retain the "yoon" as much as possible, especially given that I've taken up my husband's last name now.

That's another topic altogether, I suppose.

Well, from being an occasional blog-visitor, I know that less words and more pictures is always good. I don't think my blog will be able to stick to that rule (I can be hopelessly wordy) but I will make an effort.

So no more words. Pictures from my latest milestone!





1 comment:

  1. hey sugababeeeeeee!!!!!
    i can hear you speaking in your writing :) i love that you're blogging now!!!! hehe. yoooooonifer i miss you. can't wait to be downtown and closer to you...

    ReplyDelete