Friday, October 2, 2009

Colds suck

Observation #10: My husband must truly have a strong immune system, because he's not once got a cold despite the half dozen colds I've brought home.

Since working at Yonge Street Mission for the past year and a half, my proud belief that I am a relatively physically healthy person has been reduced to more of a wish than a fact, given my history of colds in this short time span. I've kind of lost count of how many colds I've had, but I think it's around five or six, and I know I've used my fair share of sick days at work. I am battling out yet another cold this week with a stuffy nose and sore throat that comes and goes. And all this despite getting 10+ hours of sleep a day and washing my hands all the time.

I've been too chicken to really check out the symptoms of H1N1, but maybe I should do it right now... just in case...

Okay, whew. I only have like 2 out of the 9 major symptoms. I'm pretty sure I'm fine.

But like I said in my observation, throughout all this time, Kevin has not once caught my cold. And I mean, we were dating, and we're now married, so I can unabashedly say that there's been some kissing going on, so he's had more than a small chance of catching my bugs, but nope, he's been staunchly healthy enough to take care of me. (Maybe I'm jinxing it now...) He is my hero. Haha...

I can't wait to get better though. :( I'm sick of breathing through my mouth.

3 comments:

  1. feel better soon, jen!
    it was good seeing you guys yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hero wants you to drink lots of oj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm drinking as i type this very moment!

    ReplyDelete